A few months ago I decided to knit a cardigan based on a pattern I found in a knitting book I picked up in a thrift store. I'm not sure if the book is still in publication, but the pattern is a very basic, set-in-sleeve cardigan in a basketweave stitch. I added some stripes, changed the sleeves to drop-shoulder and played around with the stitch pattern a bit. I also changed the closure to be more asymmetrical and added some colourful buttons. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I used worsted weight wool blend yarn that I got for a great deal at a thrift store (different one from where I found the pattern book). I think my model looks good in it, if a bit quizzical.